Blog

SSDI Benefits to Increase By 1.3% in 2021

SSDI Benefits to Increase By 1.3% in 2021

The Social Security Administration recently announced a 1.3% benefit increase for Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients beginning in January 2021. The annual cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) reflects an overall increase in the Consumer Price Index, which is calculated yearly by the Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics. Find out everything you need …

Read More Read More

Does Traumatic Brain Injury Qualify for Disability?

Does Traumatic Brain Injury Qualify for Disability?

Across the United States, more than 13.5 million people live with a disability caused by a traumatic brain injury (TBI). That number continues to grow by as many as 90,000 people per year, according to the American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS). After any kind of serious injury that results in long-term cognitive or physical …

Read More Read More

How To Win a Social Security Disability Hearing

How To Win a Social Security Disability Hearing

According to the most recent data from the Social Security Administration (SSA), just under 36% of first-time Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) applications were approved in 2019. The remaining 64% of applications were denied, leaving hundreds of thousands of potentially disabled Americans with no access to benefits. Fortunately, you can appeal an SSA decision. However, …

Read More Read More

Can You Work Part-Time on Social Security Disability?

Can You Work Part-Time on Social Security Disability?

Whether you’re already receiving benefits or are just starting the social security disability application process, you may be wondering if working part-time on disability is an option. Even if you qualify for the maximum monthly disability benefits amount, you may still be looking at a significant decrease in your monthly income. The ability to hold …

Read More Read More